Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Laughter is best, when you can get it.


It was music to our ears, Alannah's first giggle. It lasted for a number of seconds one night as we were playing with her on the bed. Renalyn and I both shrieked with delight at this great phenomenon, but this resulted in an abrupt end to her laughter.

As new parents, we scrambled to our feet to emulate the moment, the second, the instance that caused Alannah to express her delight so vocally...........Two weeks went past and I have lost count as to how many times I have waved my arms over my head and walked in front of our precious daughter emulating a monkey. We were beginning to think that everything was a figment of our twisted imagination. Then, out of the blue, as abruptly as it ended, she started giggling again but this time at all the mundane things that you would do. She would laugh now even if we just looked at her...From nothing to an overdose of smiles and laughing fits, we have endured it all.

It is the best thing, hearing Alannah and Renalyn playing. Each of them giggling till the cows come home... Wait a minute, I'm the one they usually wait to come home most nights. Well then, Mmmoooooooo (Alannah laughs when she heard me).

No comments: